The Outlook PST encountered an error
It indeed sounds to be a terrible situation when the Outlook shows up an error message that states-
“The file Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file”Well, this typical MS Outlook error is quite common to be encountered. Moreover, there are a number of reasons responsible for Outlook to show such unusual behavior. Needless to worry, there exists a fine solution to overcome any such issues with your Outlook email.
Some Causes for PST is not a Personal Folders File Error
- Incorrect Import operation: Sometimes, there might not an issue with your backup but it would be the improper technique used for importing the PST file into Outlook.
- File Permission Issues: In some situations, your PST backup might have marked it as “Read-only”. You cannot add such data files into your Outlook. When you create a PST backup, you have ensured that you are copying that file into a location which doesn’t have any file permission issue. If the file itself mark it as Read-only, you have to create another backup which provides both read and write permissions.
- Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe): This is the default tool comes as part of Microsoft Office Suite for repairing corrupt PST files. This tool tries to directly modify the contents of the corrupt PST file. If any errors encountered during this file repair, the damage of PST file would become even worse. If you open such files on Outlook, it can also bring these kinds of error messages.
Well, what is the possible solution for this issue? Don’t worry, if you are the one who faces this error because there is a software called Fix PST Tool which allows you to overcome almost all kinds of the PST corruption scenarios. Unlike Inbox Repair Tool, this tool not directly work with source PST file. Instead, it extracts data from the source, repairs it and put it in a new file. If you feel that your PST file become bad, just install the demo version of this tool to fix that file efficiently. Still having doubt? Read more details about this topic to clarify all your doubts.
Some Notable Features of this Tool
- Fix PST tool provides real-time preview of the repaired Outlook PST file contents including emails, contacts, tasks, notes, and so on.
- This tool allows you to perform PST CRC error fix on your PST files in order to overcome CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) errors which corrupt your PST files.
- If you don’t know the location of PST file on your computer, this tool allows you to search for it.
- This tool fixes PST files generated on different Outlook versions including Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and Outlook 2000.
- If you are using Outlook 2002 version, your PST file gets corrupt if it reaches 2 GB in size. Anyhow, you can fix 2GB PST file in a simple manner using Fix PST tool.
- You can use this tool on all the new versions of Windows including Windows 10 for fixing Outlook PST errors.
- If you only want to recover some deleted images, there is also a facility for that in Fix PST software.
- Improper termination of Outlook is a valid reason for broken PST files, which may not be fixed using Scanpst.exe always. But such a repair is possible using Fix PST tool. Go through the following page to know more on how to fix broken Outlook PST file: http://www.howtofixpstfiles.com/broken.html
Steps for Fixing Outlook "PST is not a personal folders file" Error:
Step 1: Download and install the demo version of the software and run it. On the main screen, select any of the options: “Open PST” – in case PST file location is known, “Find PST” – for browsing Outlook PST file on the system and “Select Outlook Profile” – to choose PST file on multiple Outlook Profiles based on your requirement. After selecting the required PST file, click on “Repair” button.
Step 2: Depending on the severity of PST corruption, you can choose either one of these two options, "Normal Scan" or "Smart Scan".
Step 3: Once the scanning process is completed, the repaired Outlook PST file will be displayed in Outlook styled interface. Go through the Outlook data file contents using “Preview” option and then “Save” the repaired PST file to the desired location on your computer.