- The user-friendly tool to fix PST files when Outlook inbox repair utility fails
- Run the ultimate PST Repair utility to securely restore PST files
- Helps in fixing Outlook showing PST errors, corruptions, inaccessibility and other related issues
- Provides a hassle-free technique to deal with PST issues in a quick set of steps
Supported Outlook Versions: Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003
Scanpst.exe also called as the Inbox Repair Tool that is provided by the Microsoft for diagnosing and repairing errors in Outlook PST file. However, it is not much recommended using this tool as it works on original PST file. The Inbox Repair tool eventually fails to overcome the issues with your Outlook profile. As a result, it can turn the PST file into an unreadable format. Well, in that case, you should have a proper Outlook backup. If not, you can simply go with fixing the PST with a suitable software.
TRY OUT THE TOP-RECOMMENDED PST REPAIR TOOL FOR FREE!!!
This tool is been developed to safely repair Microsoft Outlook PST file.
Download this tool for free and immediately repair your PST file.
Supported Outlook Versions: Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 & 2000
How to Repair PST File when the Scanpst Fails?
Computer users are familiar with the Microsoft Outlook tool, which is a famous email client application. The prime functions of the MS Outlook applications are related to sending and receiving email messages. It also helps its user by providing some additional features like contact managing, task managing, journal creation, note taking and web browsing, etc. Various types of mailbox data including email messages will be stored in MS Outlook's database file called Personal Storage Table (PST).
Have you ever found any difficulty in accessing the emails from Outlook inbox? The PST file that contains precious Outlook data is very fragile so, it is highly prone to corruption i.e., there are various reasons due to which, PST file might get damaged and becomes inaccessible. So, as a result of this, you may lose access to your Outlook profile.
Some of the causes that lead to corrupt PST file are as follows:
- 1. Oversizing of PST File: PST files have a definite file size of 2GB for ANSI and 20 to 50 GB for Unicode PST files. If it exceeds the specified size, then there are chances of PST file corruption that in turn makes PST file inaccessible.
- 2. Abrupt Outlook Termination: While accessing .pst file, if MS Outlook application gets inappropriately terminated due to reasons like a sudden system shutdown, power related issues then it may lead to PST corruption.
- 3. Virus or Other Malicious Programs: There are many viruses which will infect PST files due to which it becomes unreachable. It is advisable to install effective anti-virus application in the system to overcome the errors caused by the virus and other malicious programs.
There are many other reasons for inaccessibility of PST file like bad sectors, PST header corruption, damaged storage drive, transfer error, sharing .pst file over a local network, improper upgrades, etc.
What do I need to do to fix corrupted PST file?
In order to fix your corrupt PST file, MS Outlook provides an Inbox Repair Tool called Microsoft Outlook Scanpst.exe, which helps you in repairing your damaged/corrupted PST file. Also, user doesn't have to download the Scanpst tool as it is available in all the versions of MS Outlook app like 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 etc. Now, the question may arise where to find ScanPST.exe in MS Outlook? Don't panic!! The scanpst.exe utility will be located in different locations depending on the Outlook versions, which is mentioned below:
- 1. In Microsoft Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
- 2. In Microsoft Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- 3. In Microsoft Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- 4. In Microsoft Outlook 2003: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>
- 5. In Microsoft Outlook 2002/XP: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\scanpst.exe
- 6. In Microsoft Outlook 2000: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\NT\scanpst.exe
- 7. In Microsoft Outlook 97/98: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Messaging\scanpst.exe
Users should have clear idea on how to use inbox repair tool scanpst.exe, in order to repair damaged PST files and make them accessible. At times, users might find it difficult to handle this application. By following the below details, you can know how to run scanpst.exe Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013:
- • Find out the location and select the PST file that needs to be repaired.
- • Scan PST tool starts scanning of the PST file from the particular location.
- • After scanning, the utility starts repairing process which may continue for few minutes.
Before proceeding with the repair process using scanpst.exe, Please Wait!!! As said above, this tool may further damage your Outlook PST file and make Outlook data inaccessible by working on the original PST. In such cases, you don’t need to worry because you can safely repair and recover all Outlook attributes using PST Repair utility.
- • Easily manages corruption caused due to oversizing of PST files.
- • This application can be used in the situations wherein your Scan PST fails to repair PST file corrupted due to any reasons.
- • It can recover emails emptied from the deleted items folder and lost from any folder of MS Outlook application.
- • Highly-encrypted and password protected PST files can also be repaired using our software.
- • It can also repair damaged OST files on different Windows OS based machines.
How to repair Outlook PST file even if the SCANPST fails?
1. First download and install this repair software on your system
2. On the main window, select one of the options among “Open PST File”, “Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile”, as per the requirement.
3. Now, select the scanning method and destination location to save the fixed PST file. Then, click on “Next" button.
4. After the completion of repair process, you can preview the content of repaired PST file.
Suggestion - How to protect your PST file from corruption?
In the Task Manager, close outlook.exe from the Process tab, before turning off your system if Outlook application is running in the background.